NEW DELHI: Several towns in eastern Maharashtra are being placed under fresh restrictions after a surge in Covid cases in the past few days. All political, social and religious gatherings in the state will be prohibited, chief minister Uddhav Thackeray announced on Sunday evening.
“The pandemic is raising its head in the state, but whether it is another wave will be known in eight to 15 days,” he said.
The state has reported nearly 7,000 cases today, the chief minister said.
The surge is worst in places like Nagpur, Amravati, Yavatmal, Nashik and Pune, and the administration has imposed fresh restrictions.
* All schools and colleges in the Pune district will remain closed till February 28.
* Hotels, bars, and restaurants in Pune will be allowed to remain open till 11 pm.
* From 11 pm to 6 am no public movement will be allowed in Pune, except those involved in essential activities/work
* 1 week lockdown will be imposed in Amravati from 8pm on February 22, except Achalpur city
* Akola, Murtijapur and Akot will also be under lockdown from February 23 to March 1.
* Night curfew to be in force in Nashik city between 11 pm and 5 am from Monday.
* Fresh guidelines have already been announced for Mumbai; buildings reporting more than five Covid cases are being sealed.
* Patients in home quarantine will have their hands stamped.
* People returning from Brazil will have to undergo mandatory institutional quarantine
* Mumbai police to challan those without masks
Images are for reference only.Images and contents gathered automatic from google or 3rd party sources.All rights on the images and contents are with their original owners.
Follow Chetas Foundation
Follow this NGO if you are interested in Smart cities,Good Governance,Defending Nation,Cyber Security.If you have anything to do with anyone who works for the government at any level, You should follow this NGO.
Follow this think tank if you work, know or interested in working and knowing about all the international, transnational and global governance,diplomatic relations,world peace and security.
Follow Pune Media on Linkedin
Follow Pune Media
Follow Pune Media for their latest positive coverage,breaking news,polls and much more.
Follow Khumaer Bayas
Follow this account if you want to get the glimpses of things to come, watch interactions with movers and shakers of the world. and in general be updated on issues like #natsec,#opsec,#intsec,#intelissexy the account is followed by few but professional organizations and personnel.